David Drake, Chairman of LDJ Capital and The Soho Loft Media Group, speaks at the Annual Global Big Data Conference in California
Directors, scientists, executives, managers, developers, AI professionals, administrators, vendors, data analysts, data statisticians, and architects will be converging on August 28-30, 2018 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California for this yearly conference organized by Global Big Data Conference.
LDJ Capital Chairman David Drake is one of the keynote speakers. More recently, David Drake is also seen as a leader in blockchain and cryptocurrency. He saw the value of digital assets when it was still unpopular. It all started in 2011 when Drake collaborated on the JOBS Act to create new laws underlying all fundraising in the U.S. for all ICOs. He runs a $200M LDJ Cayman Fund focused on cryptocurrency, mining, and ICO acquisitions. LDJ Capital Credit also offers middle market bridge financing to seed upcoming ICOs. Previously, he held a majority stake as a Managing Partner with Robert Hambrecht in an Alternative Energy Fund NewCommons Capital 2009-2010.
Drake says, “This conference will serve as a platform to share insights, strategies, and emerging technologies regarding Data. Experts will share their experiences and possible solutions to address relevant issues concerning this dynamic industry.”
The three-day conference will feature highly interactive keynote and technical sessions, workshops, and a startup pitch event. There will be numerous networking breaks allowing the delegates to connect with the experts and potential partners. The topics up for discussion include the road to becoming a data scientist, the future of healthcare, what venture capitalists look for in AI startups, and the future of fintech.
Some of the conference speakers include:
• Christine Hawkins, Director, HP Inc
• Ganesh Harinath, Director, Verizon
• Juhi Singh, Data Engineer, Coursera
• Karen Hsu, VP, BlockCypher
• Lee Chang, VP, Baidu Ventures
• Matthew Tovbin, Principal, Salesforce
• Miguel Campo, SVP, Fox
• Nathaniel Tucker, Author, Data Talks
• Nicholas Berg, Director, Seagate Technology
• Sen Zhao, Data Scientist, Google
The sponsors for this conference are Jetlore, Northeastern University, and Western Digital. The media partners include The Soho Loft Media Group, InfoQ, InfoWorld, Gartner, Data Science Central, and KDnuggets.
About LDJ Capital
LDJ Capital is a multi-family office that invests and manages investments for partners and clients in the areas of hospitality, real estate, energy, pharma, tech, telecom, mobile, entertainment, media, publishing, advertising, compliance services, aerospace, shipping & transportation, and more recently digital assets, such as cryptocurrency and blockchain firms through ICOs. LDJ Cayman is focused on cryptocurrency, mining, and ICO acquisitions. The firm is involved in asset management and marketing making of cryptocurrency from, but not limited to, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai.
LDJ Capital has three subsidiaries:
1. LDJ Capital Group: Victoria Partners, LDJ Venture Capital, LDJ Hedge Fund, LDJ Media Fund, LDJ Capital Advisory, and LDJ Capital Investment Bank.
2. LDJ Real Estate Group: Acquisitions, Developments, and Hospitality
3. The Soho Loft Media Group: Times Impact Publications, The Soho Loft Conferences, and Victoria Global Communications. Times Impact Publications include the digital publications:
For more information on LDJ Capital, visit: https://ldjcapital.com