David Drake, Chairman of LDJ Capital and The Soho Loft Media Group, speaks at the Blockchain Conference in Washington D.C. organized by Fintech Worldwide Ltd.
NEW YORK – June 27, 2018 – Blockchain innovators, investors, financial analysts, government leaders, venture capitalists, blockchain and business startups, corporate executives, and industry experts will gather in the Cloyd Heck Marvin Center at George Washington University for the 3rd Annual Blockchain Conference in Washington D.C. on July 26 and 27, 2018.
David Drake, Chairman of LDJ Capital, is one of the panel speakers in the event. More recently, David Drake is also seen as a leader in blockchain and cryptocurrency. He saw the value of digital assets when it was yet unpopular. It all started in 2011 when Drake collaborated on the JOBS Act to create new laws underlying all fundraising in the U.S. for all ICOs. He runs a $200M LDJ Cayman Fund focused on cryptocurrency, mining, and ICO acquisitions. LDJ Capital Credit also offers middle market bridge financing to seed upcoming ICOs. Previously, he held a majority stake as a Managing Partner with Robert Hambrecht in an Alternative Energy Fund NewCommons Capital 2009-2010.
Drake says, “It’s nice to be back for this year’s Blockchain Conference in Washington D.C. I am looking forward to participating in this conference. This year, we have seen blockchain tech and cryptos on the rise and how major companies are now looking for ways to integrate the technology in their business platforms. This is the best time to discuss the regulatory policies and have a dialogue with the lawmakers, innovators, and investors.”
The two-day conference features panel discussion and keynote speeches from the speakers with short breaks between the discussions. Some of the topics for the panel discussions include the blockchain trends for 2018 and beyond, the good, bad, and dangerous side to Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), regulatory and legal issues concerning the current SEC rulings, the venture funding landscape in the United States, and how the government looks at blockchain technology and its applications. There will also be lunch breaks, coffee and networking breaks, after-event drinks and networking opportunities for the attendees as well as exhibits.
Along with David Drake, here are some of the moderators and speakers in the conference:
• Brett Noyes, Managing Director, Unchain.Ventures
• Carol Van Cleef, Partner, BakerHostetler
• Darryn Jones, Director – Business Development, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
• Fletcher McCraw, Partnership Lead – Blockchain & DLT Practice, Cognizant
• John Wise, CEO, Loci Inc.
• Mike Finch, COO, ICO Alert
• Ross Krasner, CEO and Co-Founder, Ryu Blockchain Technologies
• Theodora Lau, Founder, Unconventional Ventures
• Tom Plunkett, Consulting Solutions Director, Oracle
• Wendy Henry, Specialist Leader – Federal Blockchain Lead, Deloitte Consulting, LLP
NIKO Coin and Nikola Tesla Unite are the event’s Platinum sponsors. The media partners of this event include 100X, AllThingsCrypto, Blockchain Business Index, Blockchain Focus, Blockchain U.S., BloggersIdeas, Brave New Coin, CEX.IO, Chipin, Coin Delite, CoinFabric, CryptoAsia, Distributed, DoCryptocurrency, Events. Byzantium, Fintech News Switzerland, FinTech Weekly, ICO Buffer, ICO Finch, ICOHOLDER, IIB Council, Island Media Productions, Light Node Media, Peer2Peer Finance News,SecuritySolutionsWatch.com, and The Soho Loft Media Group.
About LDJ Capital
LDJ Capital (https://ldjcapital.com
LDJ Cayman is focused on cryptocurrency, mining, and ICO acquisitions. To seed upcoming ICOs, partner Middle Market Credit also provides corporate market bridge financing.
The firm is involved in Asset Management, Equity Financing and Debt Financing and Placement, Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Partnering and Strategic Alliances, Restructuring and Workouts, Startups and Management, and Alternative Finance Strategies.
LDJ Capital has 3 subsidiaries:
1. LDJ Capital Group: Victoria Partners, LDJ Venture Capital, LDJ Hedge Fund, LDJ Media Fund, LDJ Capital Advisory, and LDJ Capital Investment Bank.
2. LDJ Real Estate Group: Acquisitions, Developments, and Hospitality
3. The Soho Loft Media Group: Times Impact Publications, The Soho Loft Conferences, and Victoria Global Communications. Times Impact Publications include the digital publications: