David Drake, Chairman of LDJ Capital and The Soho Loft Media Group, speaks at the “Alternative Investment Management Summit” in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates organized by Dalma Capital Management Limited
NEW YORK – April 24, 2018 – Institutional investors, venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, hedge fund managers, crypto and financial professionals, startups, and industry experts will convene at the Rosewood Hotel in Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi for the anticipated Alternative Investment Management (AIM) Summit on May 2 to 3, 2018.
LDJ Capital Chairman David Drake will be attending the summit as one of the panel speakers. More recently, he is also seen as a leader in blockchain and cryptocurrency. He saw the value of digital assets when everyone was avoiding it. It all started in 2011 when Drake collaborated on the JOBS Act to create new laws underlying all fundraising in the U.S. for all ICOs. He runs a $200M LDJ Cayman Fund focused on cryptocurrency, mining, and ICO acquisitions. LDJ Capital Credit also offers middle market bridge financing to seed upcoming ICO’s. Previously, he held a majority stake as a Managing Partner with Robert Hambrecht in an Alternative Energy Fund NewCommons Capital 2009-2010.
Drake said, “This summit will feature numerous industry experts and professionals that will talk about the latest trends, developments, and challenges in alternative investments, cryptocurrencies, hedge fund investments, private equities, and institutional investments. I am looking forward to take part in this conference and to share my insights.”
This much anticipated two-day event will feature a series of different panel and roundtable discussions with the leading industry experts. Among the topics to be covered in the panel discussions are concerns of regional institutional investors, strategies addressing the low volatility and high market correlation, the economic disparity growth between countries and classes, and the issues and developments in portfolio construction and asset allocation. The event also features breakout sessions, a welcome breakfast, lunch, and networking opportunities for the attendees.
Together with David Drake, some of the event’s keynote speakers are:
• Arta Babaee, Senior Quantitative Analyst, Thayer Brook Partners LLP
• Erwin Roex, Managing Partner, BEX Capital
• George E. Danner, President, Business Laboratory
• Igor Erker, Director, Columbus Capital
• Jason Tan, Chief Investment Officer and Partner, Jeneration Capital
• Khaled Talhouni, Managing Partner, Wamda Capital
• Noor Sweid, General Partner, Global Ventures
• Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof, Founder and CEO, Bitnation
• Tobias Ebel, Managing Partner, Logos Fund
• Zachary Cefaratti, Founder and CEO, Dalma Capital Management Limited
Dalma Capital Management Limited is the platinum sponsor of the event. The Abu Dhabi Global Market is the strategic partner. ADS Securities and Barclays are the gold sponsors while Apex is the silver sponsor. The event’s official Arabic broadcaster is CNBC Arabia. CrowdReviews, The Business Year, Preqin, and Entrepreneur Middle East are the event’s media partners. The research partners are the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Association and the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) while Bloomberg, EY, and Financial Times serve as the event’s moderators.
About LDJ Capital
LDJ Capital (https://ldjcapital.com/
LDJ Cayman is focused on cryptocurrency, mining, and ICO acquisitions. To seed upcoming ICOs, partner Middle Market Credit also provides corporate market bridge financing.
The firm is involved in Asset Management, Equity Financing and Debt Financing and Placement, Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Partnering and Strategic Alliances, Restructuring and Workouts, Startups and Management, and Alternative Finance Strategies.
LDJ Capital has 3 subsidiaries:
1. LDJ Capital Group: Victoria Partners, LDJ Venture Capital, LDJ Hedge Fund, LDJ Media Fund, LDJ Capital Advisory, and LDJ Capital Investment Bank.
2. LDJ Real Estate Group: Acquisitions, Developments, and Hospitality
3. The Soho Loft Media Group: Times Impact Publications, The Soho Loft Conferences, and Victoria Global Communications. Times Impact Publications include the digital publications: