David Drake, Chairman of LDJ Capital and The Soho Loft Media Group, speaks at the Horasis Global Meeting in Cascais, Portugal organized by Horasis
Ministers, government and business leaders will converge on April 6-9, 2019 at the Estoril Congress Centre in Cascais, Portugal for this much-anticipated global gathering.
LDJ Capital Chairman David Drake is one of the panelists. More recently, David Drake is also seen as a leader in blockchain and cryptocurrency. He saw the value of digital assets when it was still unpopular. It all started in 2011 when Drake collaborated on the JOBS Act to create new laws underlying all fundraising in the U.S. for all ICOs. He runs a $200M LDJ Cayman Fund focused on cryptocurrency, mining, and ICO acquisitions. LDJ Capital Credit also offers middle market bridge financing to seed upcoming ICOs. Previously, he held a majority stake as a Managing Partner with Robert Hambrecht in an Alternative Energy Fund NewCommons Capital 2009-2010.
Drake says, “This yearly gathering serves as a platform to foster cooperation between global leaders so that they can address critical issues and formulate a blueprint for sustainable growth.”
The four-day meeting will feature panel discussions. Discussions on this year’s meeting will center on the theme – catalysing the benefits of globalization. Some of the topics, curated by Oxford Analytica, include: US politics will weigh on transport infrastructure, political awareness among voters can drive populism, how to further embrace a culture of venture capital across countries and regions, job markets are less globalised than assumed, and brexit threatens future Irish-UK relations.
The other event speakers include:
- Ann Winblad, Managing Partner, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
- Brian A. Gallagher, President and Chief Executive Officer, United Way Worldwide
- Esko Aho, Chairman, Cinia Oy; Former Prime Minister
- Galia Benartzi, Co-Founder, Bancor
- Jalak Jobanputra, Founder and Managing Partner, FuturePerfect Ventures
- John Armah, Chief Executive Officer, Orios Group
- Lina Saigol, Senior Reporter, Barron’s Group
- Nandini Sukumar, Chief Executive Officer, The World Federation of Exchanges
- Raphael Fraga, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Ita Capital
- Vladimir Yakunin, Chairman, Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute
The event is held in partnership with the Portuguese government and the City of Cascais.
About LDJ Capital
LDJ Capital is a multi-family office that invests and manages investments for partners and clients in the areas of hospitality, real estate, energy, pharma, tech, telecom, mobile, entertainment, media, publishing, advertising, compliance services, aerospace, shipping & transportation, and more recently digital assets, such as cryptocurrency and blockchain firms through ICOs. LDJ Cayman is focused on cryptocurrency, mining, and ICO acquisitions. The firm is involved in asset management and marketing making of cryptocurrency from, but not limited to, Gibraltar, Liechtenstein, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai.
LDJ Capital has three subsidiaries:
1. LDJ Capital Group: Victoria Partners, LDJ Venture Capital, LDJ Hedge Fund, LDJ Media Fund, LDJ Capital Advisory, and LDJ Capital Investment Bank.
2. LDJ Real Estate Group: Acquisitions, Developments, and Hospitality
3. The Soho Loft Media Group: Times Impact Publications, The Soho Loft Conferences, and Victoria Global Communications. Times Impact Publications include the digital publications: The Soho Loft News, Family Offices Today, and Times Realty News.
For more information on LDJ Capital, visit: http://ldjcapital.com/