As alternative financing continues to dominate in various sectors – such as real estate, food, health and transport, among others, a team of 13 experts from Bay and Howe streets held roundtable discussions to shed some light on the state of Alternative Finance in the mining sector. The full report of the discussion entitled “New Frontier in Mining Financing” was released by Northern Miner.
The topics discussed were: the current situation of mining finance, private equity, royalties and streaming, crowdfunding, flow-through and charity flow-through.
The participants in the roundtable discussions were:
1. Ian Ball – CEO and President of Abitibi Royalties
2. Carol Banducci – Chief Financial Officer and Vice-President of IAMGOLD
3. Andrew Farncomb – Managing Partner of Cairn Merchant Partners
4. Liam M. Fitzgerald – Mining Leader and Partner of PwC Canada
5. David Harquail – Chief Executive Officer and President of Franco-Nevada
6. Oscar Jofre A., Jr. – Advisor of Regulated Crowdfunding at KoreConx
7. Trent Mell – Mining Head and President of PearTree Securities
8. Randy Smallwood – Chief Executive Officer and President of Silver Wheaton
9. Kerry Smith – Mining Expert and Vice-President of Haywood Securities
10. David Thomas – Resource Capital Funds’ Managing Director, based in Canada
11. Rod Thomas – President of Canada’s Association of Prospectors and Developers
12. Darin Wagner – Chief Executive Officer and President of Balmoral Resources
13. Chad Williams – Chief Executive Officer and President of Red Cloud Mining Capital
The discussion was moderated by Anthony Vaccaro, publisher for Northern Miner.
The sponsor of this study report was PearTree Securities, a securities company, and flow-through experts, based in Toronto.